Rewarding your employees is important to motivating your team and building a culture of trust. The most successful rewards are included in a larger incentive and recognition program. These incentive and recognition programs are excellent ways to generate excitement within your team by working toward achieving larger business goals together.
No two employees are the same, so employees won’t be motivated by the same rewards. Don’t fall into the trap of thinking about your team as one entity. Instead, there are a variety of individuals, personalities, and lifestyles that make up your team. Each of these individuals is motivated differently. That’s why it’s important to offer a wide range of rewards within your incentive and recognition program that will appeal to a wide variety of tastes.
Some of the more popular rewards offered as part of an employee incentive and recognition program include:
- eCatalog – Throughout the sales incentive program, your team can earn points by reaching specific performance goals. They can redeem these points for items from a catalog that is customized specifically for your organization. The catalog includes a wide range of prizes at different values, including:
- Merchandise – Items like electronics, athletic equipment, appliances, and TVs are usually well-liked by participants.
- eGift cards – Gift cards are offered from traditional brands your employees already enjoy, like Amazon or Home Depot.
- Event Tickets – Your team can redeem points for future music, theatre, and sporting events.
- Individual Travel – Participants enjoy redeeming points for future discounts on hotels, airfare, and other travel experiences.
- Prepaid cards – Once your incentive program participants reach specific benchmarks, reward them with single gift cards or reloadable prepaid cards.
- Group travel – Top performers are motivated by the opportunity to participate in an exclusive travel experience.